Get involved! Please help keep Coleman Middle School and our PTSA running smoothly by volunteering to help. There are many opportunities to volunteer, listed below, and on this printable Coleman Volunteer Form. Before you can volunteer on campus during school hours, though, please fill out a Hillsborough County Public Schools Volunteer Application Form.
Questions about volunteer opportunities? Please contact Vice President of Volunteers, Claudia Knowles, at [email protected].
Online HCPS Volunteer Application Form: HCPS Volunteer Application (Background Check)
- COBRA COURT/BEAUTIFICATION - Help plan and organize campus beautification on your own or via outside assistance. This committee also organizes the paver order forms and places the order with the paver company for installation.
- COPY ASSISTANCE - Photocopy materials at Coleman for very appreciative teachers; schedule at your convenience.
- FACULTY HONOR ROLL – Write thank you notes to Coleman Faculty that will be presented on special Faculty Honor Roll cards. This is a perfect at-home, on your own time volunteer opportunity.
- HOSPITALITY - If you like to help plan parties and events or have restaurant/catering connections this is the committee for you! Volunteers are needed to help plan, organize and serve food at many Coleman Staff events, including the Welcome Back Breakfast, Staff Planning Luncheon, Great American Teach In, Staff Holiday Lunch, and the Conference Night Dinners throughout the year. You can volunteer once or as many times as you'd like!
- OCCASIONAL VOLUNTEER - These volunteers will fill the gaps when random needs arise at Coleman. These have included bringing in items for ESE events, helping a teacher with a one-time class event, assisting with file organization, cut/collate flash cards for math students, helping another PTSA committee if they are short volunteers for an event, etc. Needs are typically one time and communicated via SignUp Genius or email.
- PTSA FUNDRAISING DRIVE - Assist in obtaining donations from Coleman families and local businesses. Help write thank you notes or prepare recognition banners.
- SPIRIT GEAR - Help promote Coleman Spirit! Volunteers will be needed to assist in filling orders and distributing merchandise.
- STAFF APPRECIATION – Help show the Coleman staff how much we appreciate them through monthly treats and services, as well as a full week in May dedicated just to them with meals, gifts, and pampering.
- STUDENT INCENTIVES – Distribute monthly lunch-time treats for student PTSA members and/or help with quarterly Principal’s Honor Roll Ice Cream Sundae parties for students.
- 8TH GRADE CELEBRATION - Join the fun as we plan exciting and memorable end of year activities for our 8th grade class as they cap off their final days at Coleman.
Apply online then, print and return the Coleman Volunteer Form to the front office if you want to volunteer.
We appreciate our volunteers!
- 2018-19 Volunteer Opportunties - (172.7 KBs)